Tuesday 7 August 2007

A lot of changes ... or "Back with a bang"

Sorry for the lack of updates in the last weeks but I was moving home, leaving my job, am currently searching for a new one and had a lot of things to do ... Poker did not run to well anyway, but yesterday team Soooted Connectors had a really strong performance.

First things first, I quit my job, because I moved back to Vorarlberg, where I grew up ... my gf has a great job here and I`ll find something easily too (thats what I hope).

Last week we did not score, and I was still moving into my new flat, which is huge, calm and in the center of thriving Feldkirch!
Yesterday was different ... I started to play late, as I was on a bike ride up some local mountain - but when I started Ladbrokes dealt me some great hands ... I got AA twice within 4 hands and I even got some action ...
Langboy started to play really late (with about 1k left) but made a great comeback and JackTen was on top of the pack for most of the time ... Hattricks went out first, but he played proper poker, too.
After 3 hours, when approaching the points bubble, we still had three contenders! Unfortunatley JackTen got a call with A9 (he was holding QQ), the villain hit, and he was all in the next hand ... out he went in position 54!

Langboy and I got seated at the same table - which I did not like too much, as you do not want to hurt your team mate, but its still poker and you cannot let anyone stop your game. We had only a few confrontation - once he caught me bluffing and put me all in, and twice he attacked my big blind :-(

We had a strong table, and on our journey down the field langboy shot out abmaverick from LIP (AA hold against AQ) ... My time ended with our hand of fate last night ... with 18 players left and somehow shortstacked I got dealt QQ - raised, got a reraise and pushed all in ... Villain hold AA. Position 18, approx. $50 and 80 points for Soooted Connectors was my result.

Langboy went much further ... he made the final table, got a lot of respect there and was chipleader for a long time! Then he got into a raising war and got severly crippled ... With 3 players left a blind steal got snapped off, and the tourney was over: more than $600 and 650 points should put us back into the Top 5 of the table!

GG Langboy, gg Team Soooted Connectors

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I gotta check out that Harrington book. Next time we meet for a game I'll rip you off...